Thursday, December 19, 2013

The Week Before Christmas Happenings

Can you believe that this time next week Christmas will be over? I know I am getting ahead of myself (especially with all the fun coming up) but that is crazy ..... 2013 is just flying by! This week I have been to Canada, celebrated Christmas 2x and it's only Thursday, which BTW means 48 hours til my 10 day vacation - can I get an AMEN!!??!!

Monday I flew to Canada to do a year end wrap up with our customers to the north - Toronto is a quick 54 minute flight - with On Demand might I add - and so its not too bad. The 2.5 hour drive home from the airport that night wasn't fun at all #thankswinter #chicagosnow

Peppermint Mocha with Mini Candy Cane Sprinkles

We tried poutine while I was there - delish.
cheese curds-french fries - gravy #yum
 
Tuesday - Girls Night (CHRISTMAS STYLE) - we played with the twins and watched them open presents and dance and laugh. They are at such a fun age, I love it :) roomie got super creative and made all of us these adorable mugs personalized. I am a sucker for a good monogram so I am in love!!

Cutest right
 
Finally Wednesday Night - Roomie Christmas. Ever since Kalen and I moved to Kenosha, we have talked about visiting Christmas Lane during the holidays. It is this adorable street across from our condo where the neighbors go all out with decorations and even Santa visits from time to time. So last night we put on lots of layers, grabbed some adult beverages, and headed over. Christmas lights make you feel like a kid all over again - I love them, they are seriously magical.  We stopped and snapped a few pics and even got a candy cane from Santa.
 
Best House on the Block - So many lights and they even played music!

Kalen checking out the Christmas windows :)

Warm and Snug in my awesome new coat - oh and some Cran-Beer-Ita
#tistheseason
 
Roomie Christmas Pic!!
 
Yes, no big deal - I met Santa
 
We headed home and exchanged presents, where I was very happily surprised with Benefit's "Yes, they're Real" mascara and other adorable things which I will share later this week. All in all Christmas 2013 has been pretty great :)

LOVE LOVE - They seriously make my eyes pop!!
 
Also - got Kalen the silver antlers she wanted to bad - which was great! I am so happy she liked them :)

Now all I have to do is get through 2 days of work and then I have 10 days off!!! EK - I am so excited to do nothing and yet be too busy to breathe - in so many good ways!

<3 Jilly Anne

2 comments:

  1. I just feel like this post was about me and i'm not mad about it. we are ah-maze.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the monogrammed coffee mug! Such a cute idea.

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS